We can help and insurance will cover!
Any individual, who has chronic pulmonary disease that affects their functional status, and therefore their quality of life, are candidates for pulmonary rehabilitation. Patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, asthma, bronchiectasis, cystic fibrosis, pulmonary fibrosis, or neuromuscular disease may benefit from participation in a pulmonary rehabilitation programs.
The Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program has numerous components, which include but are not limited to the following
· Education sessions discussing techniques, disease processes, respiratory medications, oxygen therapy, and exercise techniques
· Exercise reconditioning sessions
· Oxygen dosing (when appropriate)
· Nutrition education session
· Energy conservation techniques
· Individualized session regarding results of tests, program recommendations, exercise prescription, and to respond to any questions from the patient
· Recommend to physician any changes or additional tests that are deemed necessary (O2 therapy, overnight oximetry, ABG’s, and medication changes, etc…)
A typical length of a Pulmonary Rehabilitation program is 6 to 10 weeks. Ozark Physical Therapy will be provided with specific guidelines for the patient by your physician. The patient will be registered with Ozark PT and will begin the program with breathing techniques and a light exercise program monitored by a healthcare professional. The exercise length and duration will increase during the period of 6 to 10 weeks.